[avr-gcc-list] Noob

From: markus
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Noob
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:36:18 +0300

Hello.

I am new to linux and chip programming. I ordered myself and avrisp mkII
for starting on robotics. Sadly i ran in to trouble, before starting the
programming.

first of all i am using asus eeepc 904HD wich is running ubuntu 9.04

I installed avrdude with all necessary libaries

But i can not configure it.

I start configuring and use ":~$ avrdude -c avrisp2"
Then i get: "avrdude: No AVR part has been specified, use "-p Part"

Me: "$ avrdude -p m88"

Terminal: "no programmer has been specified on the command line or the
config file
           Specify a programmer using the -c option and try again

So, if anyone got any ideas, for getting me started...

Thanks in advance.

Cmc