Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: optimizer removes volatile pin access code.why?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: optimizer removes volatile pin access code.why?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:56:40 +0100 (MET)

In article <address@hidden> you write:

>As far as I have seen, the compiler has been working exactly as it
>says in the manual (quoted above).

Yes, you're right.

>Alternatively, should we ask for __attribute__((always_inline)) to
>imply inline, or give a warning if it is used for a non-inline
>function?

I'd prefer the latter, although I guess a bug report will stay forever
unless someone is willing to also file a patch.  Even then, it
requires a bit of stamina to really get the patch through all the
mailing lists, until someone finally gives his OK for the integration.
Been there, done that (with the 0b binary constant patch).