Re: [avr-gcc-list] List of outstanding avr-gcc patches

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] List of outstanding avr-gcc patches
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:04:07 +0200

On 13.08.2010 15:36, Wouter van Gulik wrote:
Johannes Bauer schreef:
 > Hello list,
 >
 > once again I have a question: I'm playing around with modifications of
 > avr-gcc. For this I downloaded the latest stable version, 4.5.1. I was
 > quite surprised to see that it does not include XMega support for AVRs.
 >
 > I read that there are many outstanding patches, one of which probably
 > fixes XMega support (virtually all distribution releases of avr-gcc
 > include XMega suport). There was even - on the AVRFreaks forum if I'm
 > not mistaken - a script for download which includes the patches (?) or
 > downloads them from some location.

Yes there is. Bingo's post

Yes, I found that. But it forces you to register with that abysmal website in order to download the file, which I will avoid at all costs. It's probably the worstly designed, butt-ugly and confusing webforum I've ever seen in my entire life.

 > As the download is only possible when registered with AVRFreaks, I can't
 > access it (I won't register there). Surely there must be a list or FTP
 > directory somewhere where the "interesting" patches are collected, are
 > there not?

The WinAVR repository on sourceforge has some/all patches. But IIRC they
are for 4.3.3 not for 4.4.0 and up.
And Joerg Wunsch also has a patch file repository for FreeBSD somewhere.

I thought WinAVR was discontinued? In order to apply the patches, I downloaded 4.3.4, against which they were made. Maybe hunks to followup versions succeed, I don't know.

If Jörg has compiled the patches, that's strange: On his website there is no reference to them (I looked there first :-))

Regards,
Johannes