[avr-gcc-list] newbie needs setup instructions

From: Ernesto Palacios
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] newbie needs setup instructions
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:17:52 -0500

Hi,

I wanna start using avr-gcc for my AVR projects, but i need instructions about how to configure my linux distribution.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 (amd64)  and I tried to follow instructions from this page

http://www.micahcarrick.com/installing-gnu-tools-avr-gcc.html

and this other page

http://paul.graysonfamily.org/thoughts/avrlinux/

but i'm having trouble installing gcc-core-4.5.2 it seems i need to install "gmp" and "mpc" before gcc, but i'm no sure the right way to do so.

Can anyone help me out?

- Ernesto