Re: [avr-gcc-list] cannot compile arrrghh...

From: Jens Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] cannot compile arrrghh...
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 11:38:22 +0200

Hi Volker,

Yes, this was a bit confusing for me too, and yes the build-system appears to
have changed a little:
gcc-4.2.4 did not need gmp/mpfr/mpc
gcc-4.3.x and 4.4.x need gmp/mpfr/mpc as binary libraries, won't accept the
sources.
gcc-4.5.x and 4.6.x need the sources, won't accept the binaries.
-So I have 3 different cases in my build-script. ;)

You can probably leave the ABI=32 out entirely. I needed it only for 4.3.x and

Instead of making symbolic links, some people prefer copying the sources
directly into gcc's source-directory, but making symbolic links works the same
way, I have no problems anymore. =)

Try it out and see if it builds.

Love,
Jens