Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?

From: Jan Waclawek
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 21:31:40 +0100

> >>You have the relevant bug numbers from binutils or avr-libc?

> > You mean from their respective bug trackers?

> Yes. If there is interest to have an issue fixed, the first step is to
> do a qualifier problem report.

That's the problem - I don't feel qualified enough to report it in the style
and manner usual in the bug tracker. And of course I don't have patches.

> > No, I never did care to submit them.

> Okay, understand. As is was already observed in a release from 2007 and
> still persists, it must be really unimportant artifact for pathological
> corner-case code if no one took 5 minutes to file a report till today...

They both are corner cases, of course, otherwise they would be discovered
earlier. And it was *not* me who discovered them, as you can read in the
respective threads - in both cases I was simply trying to help others, as so
many do on avrfreaks.

In fact, users might have come across any of these bugs, and then having no
clue, jumped through hoops until they got rid of the error somehow. It would be
nice if they would be fixed, so that others are not caught by surprise. So I
would like to ask you, as one of those who are undoubtedly much more qualified
to submit a bug report than me, to spend those 5 minutes to file the reports.

Thanks.

Jan