Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Libc int32_t and uint32_t typedefs are incorrect

From: Paul McClean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Libc int32_t and uint32_t typedefs are incorrect
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:44:49 -0000

Thanks Stefan for your quick response. It seems I was a little off the
mark :)

I had just ignored what I now understand to be some GCC magic for type
sizes (as had my static analysis tool, which found the problem).

Can anyone explain why the GCC instructions are used in place of the
typical definition?

Could it be expressed as:
unsigned long __attribute__ ((__mode__ (__SI__)))
with both the standard C part and the GCC part indicating the same size?
(This would keep my static analysis tool happy).

Paul