Re: [avr-gcc-list] 'relocation truncated to fit' diagnosis ideas?

From: Jan Waclawek
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 'relocation truncated to fit' diagnosis ideas?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:14:05 +0200

Eric,

>> You should consider posting a minimal compilable example exhibiting the
>> problem, together with the command line switches etc. IMHO a better place to
>> do that is the avr-gcc section of avrfreaks' forum, rather than this list.
>>

>Please don't refer people to post code to AVR Freaks unnecessarily. All of the
>AVR GCC developers are subscribed to this mailing list, whereas, they don't
>all go to AVR Freaks. Besides, it's just as easy to attach code in an email,
>than it is to post it on a web forum.

Attaching complete code (which might be unavoidably large) to a mailing list
post, to be pushed out to mailboxes of every subsciber, is IMHO rude. That's
why I believe it's more appropriate to post it on a site from where it can be
downloaded as per demand. It's easy to post just a link then, for all the
avr-gcc-list subscribers to be aware of the files. avrfreaks.net is a handy
place for this purpose.

Besides, it increases the chances the OP's problem being helped by those
avrfreaks.net users who are not subscribed here. An appropriate note on
cross-posting is all that is needed to keep both groups informed.

Jan