Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-ld: Do linker stubs need --relax?

From: Jan Waclawek
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-ld: Do linker stubs need --relax?
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 18:06:09 +0200

I'd say, it's the other way round, and Joerg's remark is a *consequence* of
PR14058, which in turn is consequence of an incomplete/untested implementation
of the stubs.

Oh, I already said that (in both the binutils bugtracker and the said
avrfreaks.net) ... :-)

I'd even risk a guess that working backwards the patches we would find a point,
where the stubs without -relax are working correctly, as PR14058 is a
consequence of an optimisation step in the stubs handling.

Jan