[avr-gcc-list] PICIE0/1 incorrect define in iom165a.h?

From: Jim Brain
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] PICIE0/1 incorrect define in iom165a.h?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:49:30 -0500

I was wondering if a bug report or discussion had been handled for the fact that in all versions of the avr8 include files up to and including the newest AVRStudio 6.1 SP1.1 toolchain I downloaded this afternoon, PCIE0/1 is incorrectly defined for ATMEGA165A?

I'm not sure what other issues there might be, but PCIE0 is bit 4 and PCIE1 is bit 5 on 165a/pa, while it's 6 and 7 on 165 (and I think 165p). But, while iom165p has a new set of defines in the newest include files, iom165a.h just includes iom165.h.

I can't find anywhere the pin changes are specifically mentioned (AVR529 mentions the movement for P to PA, but not 165 to 165A), but I can confirm that PCINT0 code does not work with the newest 6.1, and changing the def of PCINT0/1 to 4/5 addresses the issue. I have confirmed I have a ATMEGA165A, not a P or PA.

I originally found the issue while using WinAVR 2010 (with newer GCC version), but was able to replicate the issue on AS6.1 SP1.1. I have received confirmation that the same thing exists in the Linux tooling.

I assume it's a known item, but I thought I would mention it in case anyone is having fits with PCINTs on the M165A line and using AVR GCC

Jim

--
Jim Brain
address@hidden