[avr-gcc-list] ELF R_AVR_13_PCREL Relocation

From: Dylan McKay
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ELF R_AVR_13_PCREL Relocation
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:11:06 +1300

Hello,

I'm working on a port of LLVM for AVR. I am currently adding AVR support to the linker, but I have a question about something that seems strange.

This relocation is solely for the relative `jmp` and `call` instructions (if I'm not mistaken).

Both of these instructions have exactly 12 bits for their target address. Why is the relocation 13 bits then?

Thanks,
Dylan