avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] [Bug #2111] Enhancement of code in sfr_defs.h

From: nobody
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [Bug #2111] Enhancement of code in sfr_defs.h
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:36:03 -0500

=================== BUG #2111: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2111&group_id=2140

Submitted by: None                      Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted on: 2003-Jan-02 12:36
Category:  Header                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                        Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                      Originator Email:  address@hidden

Original Submission:  In  sfr_defs.h, the bit_is_clear macro is declared as
follow:
#define bit_is_clear(sfr, bit) (~inb(sfr) & _BV(bit))

 If I watch code generated by compiler, the code is not sufficient. But
with this macro the size of code is decreazed (I ve just tested that on atmega
target).

#define bit_is_clear(sfr,bit)   !bit_is_set(sfr,bit)

Have you the same results and do you think it's interesting to replace the old
version with this version ?

Best regards

Frantz

No Followups Have Been Posted