avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] New FAQ entry: default fuse bits

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] New FAQ entry: default fuse bits
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:15:45 +0100

People keep stumpling across this issue over and over again.  I
recently had a debugging session lasting one night to eventually
find out that the default JTAGEN fuse causes half of port F on
the ATmega128 to remain unusable.

Today, i helped out someone on AVRfreaks who didn't get his
ATmega128 program to work at all.  It kept crashing at the first
function call.  My (still unconfirmed) suspicion is that he's
been using the part in ATmega103 compat mode where the SRAM is
located at lower addresses, so the stack points into nowhereland.

People have been wondering about UART misbehaviour, caused by
the device running of the internal RC oscillator...

Did i miss something?

I hope my headline for this is eye-catching enough. :-)

"My UART is generating nonsense!  My ATmega128 keeps crashing!
Port F is completely broken!"

Ted, it would be nice if you could update the website once again,
so this shows up there, too.