avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] strtoul() bug?

From: eric
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] strtoul() bug?
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:32:29 GMT

> I'm compiling for an ATMEGA128, and it seems I never
succeed with
> strtoul() working: always getting back 0xFFFFFFFFul
> I'm calling it as
>    n = strtoul( s, NULL, 0 );
> or
>    n = strtoul( s, NULL, 10 );
> and 's' points to a string in data memory, '\0'
terminated (see below).

> Interesting enough, if I use strtol() everything *works* -
- and in my
> case it would do anyway, since I was using small positive
numbers, like
> "100"; though I just have to assure a larger (positive
only) range, so
> strtoul() would be fine.
>
> I didn't check library sources for differences yet, could
anyone confirm
> if this behaviour is true, or that something was wrong in
my tests?

> Lou

Sorry to get back to you so late on this. Unfortunately I
haven't had to time to check this out yet, and other
developers are busy at the moment too. Would you be willing
to fill out a bug tracker on the avr-libc project page for
this? That way, it won't get lost in the cracks.

Eric
Weddington