avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:38:50 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> > > Speaking of installing.... what about installing
> gcrt1.S? I

[Btw., your word wrapping's got a bit worse lately.]

> projects.) (BTW, Don't forget about the malloc bug in the
> list.)

Sure.

> Since we're trying to get AS3 deprecated, it sounds like it
> would be better to not avr-strip -g at all, and put a note
> in the readme on how to do it if using AS3, but recommend
> AS4.

Fine by me.

> (BTW, Any word from your Atmel contacts about the new
> AS4 DLL?).

The last i've heard was that the official (non-beta) AS4
release has been scheduled for 2003/06.  Hmm, June's not
yet over. ;-)  Still, the web site lists ``Updated 3/03''
as the latest version.

> I'd rather not put the source in a user's project
> directory; ...

Nope, put it into the WinAVR tree.  It would be really cool if that's
the exact same directory you're using to compile the entire WinAVR
avr-libc from; since the full pathname is recorded in the object files
(and coff-ext-avr can transport them), that way, AS4 should
automagically pick the sources up from there.