avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] SIGNAL / INTERRUPT checking

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] SIGNAL / INTERRUPT checking
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:10:39 +0000

Hello,

> . you need to run it on all source files, which means it requires a
>   good bit of Makefile infrastructure as well

> . since you need to get all -D/-I/-U/-mmcu options passed to your
>   script, you need Makefile infrastructure as well; it's probably best
>   if your script understood any and all C compiler options then so one
>   could pass ${CFLAGS} (or ${ALL_CFLAGS}) verbatim

The test script I made just need the preprocessed files. So it actually
doesn't see anything, besides the file names of preprocessed files. ie:

gawk -f signaltest.gaw main.i int.i otherfiles.i

The .i part of course being replaced as normally done in the makefile with the
source files variable (like when passing the .c files to the compiler).

You could modify the makefile so that it separates the compiling into first
preprocessing, then run my script, then finish compiling from the
preprocessed files (to avoid running the preprocessing twice).

> I never really looked into it, but it sounds more worth the while to
> me to try making the SIGNAL/INTERRUPT macros recognize bad parameters
> by itself instead.

Could you? It would be quite a bit better that way, but don't know how you'd
do it...

  -Colin