avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] AVR Elf Processing

From: Torleif Sandnes
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] AVR Elf Processing
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:08:49 +0200

#3: I'd like to know which are these, they definately deserve to be
fixed.  Torleif, could I convince you to file a bug report for them
(on savannah.nongnu.org's Web interface)?

I grabbed some of these issues from the avr-libc reference manual
ver. 0.99.90.20030908. section 7.3.7. "Can I use c++ on the AVR."

So, I do not know which issues we are talking about, and have no deeper understanding of them than what is stated there. The documentation willl be updated to make it clear that this information comes from the avr-libc reference manual.

#4: IIRC, exceptions are turned off by default when configuring GCC
for the AVR; at least that used to be the case at some point in the
past.

Ok, I was not aware of this. I will update this part of the documentation as
well.

The C++ support in the parser component is limited.
Debugging of basic C++ constructs seems to work okay, but I have not tested this thoroughly.

IMHO, C++ contains some constructs that are unfortunate when developing applications for microcontrollers.
Which C++ constructs are planned for avr-g++?

Regards,

Torleif Sandnes