avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc 1.2.0 released

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc 1.2.0 released
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:32:14 +0100

As Bernhard Walle wrote:

> one Problem: the compat/ subdirectory of the headers which is needed
> for twi.h doesn't get installed here. Must I do something special to
> install this?

Hmpf, seems I've still got some way to go before I become a careful
release engineer...  Sorry for that.  I had to re-roll the release
after applying the attached fix.  This fix takes a somewhat more
generic approach to the include subdirectories:

. the names of the subdirs are kept in a make macro
. the code to install iterates across all include (sub)dirs
. I added code to uninstall the include files; as a side-effect
  this now also fixes the general uninstallation of the library
  files, so "make uninstall" basically works again

As there are no code changes to the avr-libc code itself, I didn't
want to use a new version number for this release.  I have uploaded
the files under the name

avr-libc-1.2.0-fixed.tar.bz2
avr-libc-1.2.0-fixed.tar.bz2.sig

to savannah's download area, and will ask the savannah admins to
replace the original distribution set by these files.  (In other
words, as long as you see the `fixed' files, pick them.  If you don't
see them anymore, just pick the standard names.)