avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] Towards a 1.2.1 release

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Towards a 1.2.1 release
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:21:39 +0100

As Bertolt Mildner wrote:

> There seems to be a umissunderstanding.
> My implementation *is* looking for a exactly fitting chunk! (At least
> i hope that is what my implementation does :)

Umm, sorry, then I misunderstood you.

Anyway, I think that's no fodder for the 1.2 branch (yet), and as Eric
is trying to get WinAVR out, I'd rather defer the malloc issue until
later.

I agree with Eric that it would be helpful if you could fill in a
patch tracker on the avr-libc web pages.  Instead of re-submitting
your patch, it suffices to add a link to the discussion thread in the
mail archive.  (I've got my private mail archive anyway, and as I
wrote the old malloc() code, it'll certainly be me who has to look at
it.)

> BTW: The current implementation uses two size_t vars while only one
> is needed. But i guess in this case the compiler/optimizer is taking
> care of that!?

Yes, that should always be caught by the compiler.