avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] ATtiny25/45/85

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] ATtiny25/45/85
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:34:47 +0200

As Patrick Blanchard wrote:

> a how-to reference for this process, specific for avr, would be
> appreciated. my mind reader radar is out of order at the moment and
> my noob confusion meter is at an all time high.

Sorry, no how-to available.  If you are maintaining avr-libc, you are
basically supposed to know what you're doing (e.g. by reviewing the
ChangeLog and CVS logs for those actions where someone did the job
before you), as you are responsible for your actions anyway.

If you are not maintaining avr-libc, well, rather use what we already
did for you.

If you plan to use the latest-and-greatest stuff straight from CVS,
you first need to make sure you're be able to compile everything
(binutils, GCC, avr-libc) yourself.  If you know that you can actually
do that, drop me a note, and I'll send you my cumulative "new devices"
patches for binutils and GCC, so you can rebuild them with new device
support.  Then, upgrade your tree to the HEAD of avr-libc's CVS, and
recmopile that.  This will give you support for ATtiny45 (and much
more).

If you don't wanto to go through all this -- sorry, you gotta wait
until whatever distribution is available for your operating system has
been upgraded.