avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project

From: Peeter Vois
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:54:08 +0300

Hi,

I've been running first automated testing for MUL optimized library.
I've got very good results- the multiplication works like a charm, with
least bit exactness.

I'm thinking what would I do with the testing environment. We could
merge it with avr-libc project or create a new project for libc
automated testing.

I would prefer merging. In the case of any future bugfixes, it would be
good to consider bug fixed if it has working testhook that shows the bug
is fixed. This helps to prevent the bug sneaking back into the code as
release can be accepted only if tests pass. All the new features should
have test hook, that checks the feature is working as supposed.

I know that it is possible to make errors by creating tests but writing
a test helps to reduce possibility have bug in release, the possibility
is reduced approximately by power of 2 if single person creates the
test too. If there are observers then the error is reduced even more.

Best Regards ...
Peeter