avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] [bug #14855] Link Error "relocation truncated to fit: R_A

From: anonymous
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #14855] Link Error "relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL"
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:35:08 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #14855 (project avr-libc):

The reason for this issue is (I am almost certain) that libm uses rcall and
rjmp for internal function calls. Usually the distance between the different
functions is small enough so that this does not cause problems. In your case,
however, it seems that your code causes the distance to become too large.

I'd like to suggest the following solution:

1.) Replace all of the rjmp and rcall instructions in the assembler code by
FARJMP / FARCALL macros (to be defined) that expand to rjmp and rcall for the
avr2 and avr4 families and jmp/call otherwise.

2.) Use linker relaxation (will hopefully be available in the binutils cvs
next week) for replacing jmp/call by the shorter variants where possible.

Yours,

Bjoern.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14855>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah