avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] Testpackage gets better

From: Peeter Vois
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Testpackage gets better
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:09:58 +0200

Hi Joerg!

My comments and answers follow.

Ühel ilusal kenal päeval Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:39:14 +0100
Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> kirjutas:

> I tried your latest package.
>
> I've already got simulavr around, as well as an avr-libc tree.  So
> what I did:
>
> ln -s .. avrlib  # the test suite is in a subdir of the tree
> mkdir -p simul/bin
> ln -s `which simulavr` simul/bin # please avoid the hardcoded
>                                  # location of the simulavr
>                                  # binary

This is what I was thinking at first ;). It should be possible to extend
path in the testit.sh and write the testpyscripts to look only for
binary from the path.

> python test.py
>
> I get:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/whrandom.py:38: DeprecationWarning: the
> whrandom module is deprecated; please use the random module
>   DeprecationWarning)

I originally wrote it on RedHat 9, which is very old ...

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test.py", line 56, in ?
>     execfile( thetest )
> ...which doesn't say really much.  Here's the sim.err file:
>
> Simulating a atmega8 device.
>
> Waiting on port 1212 for gdb client to connect...
> Connection opened by host 127.0.0.1, port -204.
>  gdb -> Ack
>
> gdbserver.c:1240: ERROR: Bad checksum: sent 0xc0 <--> computed 0x6682

This tells, you have unpatched version of simulator, it can not load
bigger binary than 400 bytes. Maybe I have missed something and should
load bigger binaries in 400 bytes junks but my patch allows up to
1000000 bytes binaries.

The easiest is to let the testit.sh script to make one simulator for
you.

I will think about the testit.sh to make the test more flexible for
different locations of library and for different debuggers ...

Best Regards ...
Peeter