avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] Re: [task #5264] Add new devices: AT90USB646-647-1286-128

From: eweddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [task #5264] Add new devices: AT90USB646-647-1286-1287
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:54:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Anatoly Sokolov <address@hidden>
Date: Monday, February 20, 2006 9:54 am

> Follow-up Comment #2, task #5264 (project avr-libc):
>
> I write the header files for AT90USB* devices.

Sounds good. Thank you.

>I needed to check up
> it. But
> there are some questions:
>
> 1) The Register Summary table in the datasheet has some mistakes:
> registersTIFR4, TIFR5, TIMSK4 and TIMSK5 are described, but devices
> have no timers
> 4/5; bit MUX5 in register ADCSRB are described, but ADC have only 8
> inputchannels.

I would suggest that you leave out these for now, then.

> 2) Not absolutely clearly than devices AT90USB*6 from AT90USB*7
> differ.Whether will enough disable USB Host registers [0x9E..0xAF],
> [0xDD..0xDF] and
> [0xF5..0xF9] in AT90USB*6 devices. Or is even more registers and
> bits which
> should be disabled too?

Good question. See more below.

> 3) Now names of interrupt vectors undertake from XML
> Partdescription files.
> As the new version of AVRStudio has not left yet, official names of
> 'USBGeneral'[10] and 'USB Endpoint/Pipe'[11] interrupt vectors are
> not known.

I have some preliminary XML file for the 1287. The names are simply:
vector 10: SIG_USB_GEN
vector 11: SIG_USB_COM

I will send your questions, #1 and #2 to my contacts. It might be next
week before I can do this. Meanwhile, do the best that you can.

I now have binutils and gcc patches working. There is nothing strange
about these. They are both very simple.

Thanks
Eric