avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] [bug #29235] power.h - warning: comma at end of enumerato

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #29235] power.h - warning: comma at end of enumerator list
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:58:07 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #29235 (project avr-libc):

Minor remark:

I'm dual-minded about that.  Formally not allowing a comma at the end
of an enumeration has been an accidental syntactical mistake in the
original C standard, and C99 got away with that mistake by changing
the rules in a way so the trailing comma is explicitly allowed.  Thus,
the code as it is now is fully compliant with the applicable standard.

I see the possible discrepancy though as it is part of a library that
ought to be "as compatible as possible" even with historical standards
that are no longer in effect.  Anyway, I'd encourage everybody to
finally move their projects (and compiler options) to C99, more than
10 years after that standard got in effect.  Folks, please do it
before C1x is going to replace C99. ;-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29235>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/