avr-libc-dev

RE: [avr-libc-dev] New pgm_read_ptr() macro?

From: Jan Waclawek
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] New pgm_read_ptr() macro?
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:55:46 +0200

> I would also like very much to finally add the FAR macros that Carlos put
> together a long time ago, or something very similar. I don't remember if
> there was ever any issues with them that need to get resolved, or if there is
> basic agreement that these should be added the way they are etc. But I would
> like to put the issue to rest and get them added in some fashion.

I am using Carlos' work daily for more than a year now and there's no issue
with it. There might be some functions added - I've written for example a
memcmp_PF() for my own purposes.

Recently, I've summarized some of my experience in
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=93874&highlight=
 . Mostly minor issues, but if I've had that information on hand when I started
using the "far FLASH" it would spare me some time and experimentation.

I've also posted a couple of more pgmspace.h-related remarks in
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28058 .

JW