avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:40:13 -0800

On 11/30/2012 11:04 AM, Weddington, Eric wrote:
The header files go into avr-libc, which just has the BSD license. All we
require of submitters, is that they license their work with the same license
(for consistency purposes). You would retain the copyright.
I thought I read a while back that since the headers are strictly derived (by scripts, the part I haven't worked out yet) from the Atmel-owned XML that there were some ownership issues. Since my solution here to make things built was to literally straight-copy the headers from the ASF install on my Windows VM, it's even more dodgy in that sense.

I've got things working now, just need to get it into a sane set of patches, and I guess when it comes to those files if Atmel doesn't care, neither do I ;-)

Code going into binutils and gcc is a different matter as the FSF (owner of
those projects) require a copyright assignment for any non-trivial work
(defined as greater than 10 lines of code).
I'd class these as trivial patches (they're done in a for() loop...) but they're more than 10 lines. I can do the copyright assignment, or I can just email you my script and let you take "ownership" of the binutils and gcc changes if that's more expedient.