[avrdude-dev] FreeBSD 5.1 & AvrDude 4.2.0 - Help please

From: Randall DuCharme
Subject: [avrdude-dev] FreeBSD 5.1 & AvrDude 4.2.0 - Help please
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:53:00 -0400

Greetings,

I'm stuck but fear that I've missed something stupid so I'm reluctant to post a
'newbie' question, but here goes.

I have an IBM Thinkpad 770Z running FreeBSD 5.1.  I just installed the avrdude
4.2.0 port and latest gcc-avr, tpasm, and avra tools.  I'm trying to use an
STK500 for my development work but with avrdude I can't get past this:

thinkpad# avrdude -c stk500 -p 8515 -t -vvvv

avrdude: Version 4.2.0
         Copyright (c) 2000-2003 Brian Dean, address@hidden

         System wide configuration file is "/usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/root/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file,
skipping

         Using Port            : /dev/cuaa0
         Using Programmer      : stk500
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: serial_recv(): programmer is not responding

I've not yet looked too deeply into the avrdude sources as I'm hoping someone's
encountered this already.  FWIW the STK500 works fine on the same machine using
W2K and AVR Studio 3.56, but Microfraud just isn't a long term option for me.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

With kind regards

--
Randall D. DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)