[avrdude-dev] ATMega169 efuse reserved bit, possible bug

From: Christian Zietz
Subject: [avrdude-dev] ATMega169 efuse reserved bit, possible bug
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:39:48 +0100

Hi,

According to the datasheet the least significant bit of the extended
fuse byte of an ATMega169 is reserved and should not be programmed. In
the corresponding write command in avrdude.conf this bit is marked as
"ignore" ("x"). This causes the bit to be set to zero and thus the
reserved fuse to be programmed.
In my case the programming of this bit disables the RESET pin so that
further SPI programming is not possible. I have to switch to JTAG to
reset this fuse bit.
I think the avrdude.conf needs to be corrected.

Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  address@hidden
WWW: http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/