Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Solaris 10 x86?

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Solaris 10 x86?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:31:18 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As ad5gb wrote:

I just moved from FreeBSD 5x to Solaris 10 and I'm wondering if
anyone has successfully built and used avrdude on Solaris 10?

I just committed a bunch of changes that make avrdude compile and run
successfully on my Solaris 10/SPARC setup.

[items snipped]

Very cool stuff!

Known issues:

. Either bison or byacc are required to compile the code successfully.
  Solaris' yacc causes strange compilation errors.  I didn't find a
  goog autoconf test for that (in particular given that byacc might be
  just named "yacc" on a target machine).

Why not just simply say bison is a prerequisite, and [b]yacc is not supported? (And turning the bug into a feature. :-)

--
Eric Weddington