[avrdude-dev] [bug #16410] ATMega164/324/644 cannot be programmed

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #16410] ATMega164/324/644 cannot be programmed
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:57:42 +0200

Update of bug #16410 (project avrdude):

             Assigned to:                    None => joerg_wunsch

Follow-up Comment #1:

No, extended addressing is only needed for the ATmega256x.

However, it appears to me the page size figures given by Atmel
are wrong for the ATmega324(P).  Programming an ATmega644 worked
well, so the generalization you made in the subject of this bug
report (by extending your experience with the '324 to the entire
family) doesn't appear to be valid.

I cannot verify this for an ATmega164(P) as I don't have one.

However, I've been surprised that when using the ATmega16
definitions, programming the ATmega324P proceeded as expected.
As the only difference between both definitions were the page
sizes, and the resulting split of the address bits between the
loadpage_XX and writepage commands, this leads me to the
conclusion the ATmega324P actually features a flash page size
of 128 bytes rather than 256 bytes.

I'll try to clarify that with Atmel.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?16410>

  Message sent via/by Savannah