[avrdude-dev] [patch #3092] support for bidirectional printer ports, in

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #3092] support for bidirectional printer ports, including exit codes
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:05:05 +0200

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #3092 (project avrdude):

p.s.: In the documentation, we should rather not call this
as applicable to "bidirectional printer ports", as there's much
potential for this getting confused with ECP or EPP ports.
The best term I could find is to refer to it as the output latch
enable signal of the PS/2 printer port.  This IMHO also better
describes why one wants to mess with it in AVRDUDE, as the
birectional transfer option gained by it is not of much interest
to us (and it's currently being completely obsoleted by the
ECP and EPP standards of IEEE 1284).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?3092>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/