Re: [avrdude-dev] Wrong Signature? No problem

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Wrong Signature? No problem
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:36:30 +0200

As Tom Jones wrote:

> A follow-up question please: I am using release 5.1. Was signature
> verification added to 5.2?

It's been added shortly after the 5.1 release.

AFAICT, WinAVR 20060415 ships with a post-5.1 (snapshot) version of
AVRDUDE that already has this feature.

> I have looked at the 5.1 programs and I see the -f option.

The -F option has been there forever, but in previous releases of
AVRDUDE, it was only needed if the signature found was 0xFFFFFF, any
other signature used to be considered a valid one.

Now it is needed if any device fails signature check, compared to what
is recorded in avrdude.conf.