Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem

From: Mike Perks
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:28:12 -0500

Weddington, Eric wrote:
Besides, it seems that it is a difficult challenge. There have been
several people who have tried to build a GUI for avrdude and have failed
for one reason or another. I'm beginning to think that it can't be done.
;-)
The problem has been that people have tried to put the GUI on top of the command line executable. As Joerg points out the correct approach and the one more likely to lead to a successful project is to put the GUI on top of the AVRDude API.

Note that the GUI design and implementation proceeds we may need to tune or add to the API that already exists in AVRDude. As I said a few appends ago we need to flesh out the UI design but I think it is eminently doable.

Regards
Mike Perks
oakmicros.com