[avrdude-dev] Debug Output for AVR910 programmer mode

From: Dean Camera
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Debug Output for AVR910 programmer mode
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:39:59 +1000

Hi guys,

I'm currently developing a CDC class USB bootloader for the USB AVR
microcontrollers, which uses the AVR910 (AKA AVR109) serial protocol. It's
fairly straightforward but giving me much grief.

Manually sending commands via a serial terminal works fine - the correct values
are reported back. However, with AVRDUDE, the "Set Address" command fails when
trying to connect to the bootloader. Again, sending this command manually
results in the correct response.

What I'm looking for is a "debug" mode for AVRDUDE, allowing me to see the
issued commands and received responses in full so I can see the exact chain of
commands leading up to the fault. Using the verbose mode doesn't give this
info, and I need it to try to work out where to start looking for bugs.

Help greatly appreciated.

- Dean