[avrdude-dev] Patch for Digilent's USB Programmer

From: Dirk Robinson
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Patch for Digilent's USB Programmer
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:04:05 -0700

Hi-
I wrote a driver for Digilent's USB JTAG/ISP programming cable, and
would appreciate your considering it for inclusion in avrdude. It is
based on the code for the usbtiny, and I found the usb packet format
by using the kernel logging module "usbmon". I have tested
writing/reading to flash and eeprom for the mega64 and mega168 and it
seems OK.

The patch also includes changes to the documentation. Feel free to
edit if you like.

I needed to make a slight change in avr.c. For this programmer, the
paged write command only works with paged memories, because it can't
add delay between individual writes. So, I'd like to fall back to the
default avr_write function for non-paged memories. In order to make
this work, the counter "i" in avr_write needs to be changed from
"unsigned long" to "long". I think that matches the original intent of
the code:)

thanks
Dirk