Re: [avrdude-dev] jtag and avr ice mkI problem

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] jtag and avr ice mkI problem
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:42:04 +0200

As andrea campanella wrote:

> Reading |                                                    | 0%
> 0.00savrdude:
> jtagmkI_read_byte(): timeout/error communicating with programmer (resp  )
> WARNING!! Programming completed with ERRORS

Please make your option "-v" four -v's "-vvvv".  That will display the
trace of the commands to stderr.  Pick the vicinity of the error, and
see what they are talking about.

Curious, does it work in AVR Studio?  (I see you are using Windows
anyway.)

Unfortunately, there aren't so many protocol version 1 JTAG ICEs
around these days.  Personally, I don't have one anymore.