[avrdude-dev] Windows parallel port acces via LPTVDM

From: Uwe Bonnes
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Windows parallel port acces via LPTVDM
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:41:22 +0200

Hello,

during a discussion with Joerg on mikrocontroller.net, I told about hamlib
and xc3sprog using the win32 built-in $LPTVDM to access the parallel port
without the need for an external driver. Joerg asked me to discuss here.

Find appended the files I use in xcs3prog to access the parallel port in
Linux and Win32. BSD should work too. Probably avrdude/ppi.c could be
extended for the $LPTVDM access like in ioparport.c. If anybody wants to
reuse (like I reused the hamlib code) and has questions, please let me know.

The biggest obstacle might however be how to get the parcdm service running
on win32 if it is not running by default (which is the case on many
machines). README.Win32 tells what I did (after many blind clicking in the
registry and devicemanager and rebooting).

If anybody has a reproducable way to get parvdm service running, please let
me know.

Cheers

--
Uwe Bonnes                address@hidden