[avrdude-dev] using parallel port programmers with avrdude on windows 7

From: Florea Bogdan Florin
Subject: [avrdude-dev] using parallel port programmers with avrdude on windows 7 64 bit and other versions of 64 bit windows
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:23:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I couldn't find any easy way to use parallel port
programmers with avrdude on windows 7 because there was no equivalent
for giveio driver, so I modified avrdude to use InpOut for parallel port
 access.
I used a modified version of InpOut for 64 bit windows from
http://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/default.htm
 modified ppiwin.c, rewriting "inb" and "outb" functions to use InpOut.
This
 library, InpOut seems to work both on 32 bit windows and on 64 bit
windows.
I think it would be useful to include support for this
library in avrdude, so that it can be used on 64 bit versions of windows
 also. I think that avrdude should try to load giveio driver first and
if this fails then it should try to use InpOut.
Before running
avrdude first time, the user should run
windows_inpout\Win32\InstallDriver.exe which seems to install
automatically the required version of driver (32 bit or 64 bit). A dll
file (inpout32.dll) is also required at runtime.
I have attached the
modified version of ppiwin.c . The only file that I modified is ppiwin.c. I
 also added windows_inpout directory containing InpOut files.

Bogdan-Florin
 Florea