Re: [avrdude-dev] Reset function for arduino

From: uracolix
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Reset function for arduino
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:30:23 +0200

Am Dienstag, 24. August 2010 20:40:18 schrieb David A. Mellis:
> All of the Arduino boards we've shipped with auto-reset have used a
> capacitor, not a resistor, to connect RTS/DTR to the microcontroller's
> reset pin, so I'm not sure this is necessary.

I recently stumbled across this effect too. I have an
arduino-2009 clone with capacitor for auto reset. The reset
signal looks reasonable at the scope.

For one trial after plugin I'm able to programm the target, for
the next trial, the handshake lines seems to be left in a wrong state.

A little Python snippet helps me to overcome this issue, but thats
not the intented use of Arduino.

===========
import sys, serial
try:
    PORT = sys.argv[1]
except:
    PORT = "/dev/ttyUSB2"
s = serial.Serial(PORT)
s.setDTR(0)
s.setRTS(0)

This happens with avrdude: Version 5.8, compiled on Dec 23 2009 at 21:39:05

Cheers, Axel