Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34436] giveio does not work on windows 7 64-bit.

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34436] giveio does not work on windows 7 64-bit.
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:00:31 +1000

> giveio does not work on windows 7 64-bit.

Good point.  Time to revisit and solve this problem permanently
perhaps using this patch.

http://old.nabble.com/using-parallel-port-programmers-with-avrdude-on-windows-7-64-bit-and-other-versions-of-64-bit-windows-td28144994.html

> it, we are willing to integrate that method.  Otherwise, we
> have to close this as "won't fix" (rather: "can't fix")
> some day.

If it can be resolved using the techniques or even the licence free
code from http://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/default.htm then
it should be done.  I'll look into it.

Jason