[avrdude-dev] [bug #34518] loading intel hex files > 64k using record-ty

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34518] loading intel hex files > 64k using record-type 4 (Extended Linear Address Record)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:42:59 +0000

Update of bug #34518 (project avrdude):

             Assigned to:                  dhoerl => joerg_wunsch

Follow-up Comment #4:

OK, after digging through some old emails, I found the
issue David was trying to wrok around:

"This is because of the issue with AVR32 using address offset 0x80000000"

So it seems the AVR32 has a large difference between the
actual (CPU) addresses given in the file, and the addresses
to be used when programming the device memory (or maintain
the device's memory image).

Similar things would happen if we attempted to extend
AVRDUDE to e.g. ARM devices where the flash e.g. starts at
an offset of 0x400000.

I suggest to move this out of the file handling code, and
rather have the device description (in avrdude.conf)
reflect the memorie's base offset which has to be
subtracted from each address provided in the file.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34518>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/