Re: [avrdude-dev] patch #5655, again

From: Dan Goldwater
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] patch #5655, again
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:47:57 -0700

I'm wondering if there is any further info or resolution on this problem?

We use avrdude + osx + avrisp2 with usb  for both development and
production environments.

Up to now we've just used the avrdude from Crosspack, which always
worked perfectly without any delay.  we use it on osx 10.6 and 10.4.

When I compile avrdude myself, then I get the huge delay every time it
starts, after which it functions normally.  I tried building on osx
10.6 and on osx 10.4, i get the same result either way.  This has
become an issue because we have some unrelated patches to avrdude that
we want to deploy in our production environment.

I tried adding the patch to stk500v2_getsync(), which seems to have
resolved the problem, but i haven't done much testing to yet to give
me confidence about deploying in production.  is everyone else using
this patch?

thanks,

Dan Goldwater
MonkeyLectric