[avrdude-dev] [bug #51629] avrdude.exe: usbdev_open(): did not find any

From: R0b0t1
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #51629] avrdude.exe: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 13:10:35 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: R0b0t1
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: &lt;= 5.x
         Discussion Lock: Any
     Programmer hardware: AVR ISP Mk II
             Device type: m328p

Details:

Using:

avrdude -p m328p -c avrisp2 -P usb -D -U lfuse:w:0xe3:m -U hfuse:w:0xd8:m -U
efuse:w:0xfd:m

I also was attempting to do "-c avrispmkII". This is the version as shipped by
WinAVR; I have been experiencing this issue for multiple years. I am trying to
avoid installing Atmel Studio because I don't like it. The firmware on the AVR
ISP Mk II has been upgraded, has this introduced a breaking change?

libusb drivers have been installed with the Zadig tool (http://zadig.akeo.ie/)
though I have tried to install them manually using libusb-win32. As far as I
know installation was successful in both cases.

I tried to reproduce this with a self-compiled 6.3 version, but I can't get
the build system to compile in support for USB programmers despite the
configure script detecting various libusb functions.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?51629>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/