RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom next release

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom next release
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:34:27 -0500

Tim,

The situation with Windows is similar to what David describes
below. The version of GCL in your CVS does not compile (at
least not easily) under MinGW/Msys in Windows. But GCL 2.5
does.

The GCL developers have recently officially released 2.5.1
so I think it would a good idea to choose this as the
target GCL version for Axiom instead of the older one.

What do you think?

BTW, how goes your effort to find the bug preventing the
compilation of the remaining algebra modules?

Regards,
Bill.