[Axiom-developer] mainVariable(x)$QF

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] mainVariable(x)$QF
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:09:03 -0400

Tim,

I have been spending some time looking at the stack
overflow problem. Perhaps this is something that you
already know but I found that at least one case of
this kind of stack overflow occurs when compiling
category FunctionSpace (fspace.spad.pamphlet).
Specifically, near the end of this file in the context
of

  if R has IntegralDomain then

    mainKernel x    == mainVariable(x)$QF

The problem apparently arises in when trying to compile
the mainKernel function. If (for the sake of debugging)
you comment those function definitions that involve QF,
then the compilation of category FunctionSpace proceeds.

I have not yet inserted all of the necessary algebra
into the algebra/Makefile.pamphlet, but I will let you
know later this weekend if this approach will allow me
to get any further.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,