Re: [Axiom-developer] make to ${MAKE}

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] make to ${MAKE}
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:18:44 -0400

actually, there were 2 "fixed" messages for that make bug report.
the first one had a comment attached that said changed make to ${MAKE}
but was classified as "won't fix".

the second one updated the first to change the "won't fix" to "fixed" status.

the usual "luser" error as i hadn't used savannah's bug tracker before.

the CVS for savannah is frightenly close. i have to finish the algebra
lattice (estimate 30 hours given the current rate of 8 per hour) and
automate the database build (est 8 hours). i'd also like to automate
the regression testing but that can wait.

there are a few domains that still won't compile but getting a version
up on savannah is more important. besides, then i can get you guys to
help debug :-)

version numbers, by the way, are going to be in "*yearweek*" format
which is printed (badly) at the initial command prompt. i don't find
the usual v3.1.4.1.5.9.2.6 version numbers useful. yearweek at least
tells you when the build was done.

if i can figure out the magic command to add tags to CVS files i plan
to tag each release so we can regress to the correct level for bug
testing.  i'll have to try out tagging on tenkan's cvs as i've never
done it before and cvs has a way of persisting my mistakes :-)