[Axiom-developer] generalized makefile rules

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] generalized makefile rules
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:37:36 -0400

Juergen,

You're clearly much better at makefile syntax than I am. I want to
generalize the following pattern so that FOO matches each file:

${OUT}/FOO.o: ${MID}/FOO.NRLIB
      echo making ${OUT}/FOO.o from ${MID}/FOO.NRLIB
      cp ${MID}/FOO.NRLIB/code.o ${OUT}/FOO.o

${MID}/FOO.NRLIB: ${MID}/FOO.spad
      echo making ${MID}/FOO.NRLIB from ${MID}/FOO.spad
      (cd ${MID} ; echo ')co FOO.spad' | ${INTERPSYS}

I remember that there is a generalized replacement variable that
matches the name of the expanding file but I don't know what it is.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden