RE: [Axiom-developer] interval.spad

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] interval.spad
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:07:01 -0400

Tim,

I already have a file called INTRVL.spad that contains the
code for the domain. I also have a file called INTCAT.spad
that contains the code for the category. Together they
constitute the contents of the file interval.spad. They
both had been compiled before as part of the algebra/Makefile.

As far as I can tell, the file interval.spad is generated
by a small over sight in Juergen's algebra/Makefile that
runs notangle without the -R option on all the named
(lowercase) spad files. This is not necessary for the
build of Axiom. I sent a patch the other day to eliminate
this extra .spad files with lowercase names.

The output of axiom is nearly the same as before (except
of course minus the output generated by compiling the
INTCAT code, but including the unusally warning messages:

-------

; (DEFUN |INTRVL;hasTwoPiMultiple| ...) is being compiled.
;; Warning:  INTRVL;hasTwoPiMultiple is proclaimed but not in
*inline-functions*
T1defun could not assure suitability of args for C call
; (DEFUN |INTRVL;hasPiMultiple| ...) is being compiled.
;; Warning:  INTRVL;hasPiMultiple is proclaimed but not in
*inline-functions*
T1defun could not assure suitability of args for C call

--------

which is perhaps what Juergen calls the "strange error
message of the C compiler"? (It is not clear to me that
it is generated by the gcc...)

Cheers,
Bill Page.