Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:18:19 +0200

Hello Tim,

root <address@hidden> writes:

> Since we plan to run on all of the linux distribs we can you
> raise an interesting point. The basename should be more specific
> than linux.

I would suggest using a name along one used for building gnu packages,
something like :

  i686-linux

  or sparc64-sunos-5.8

In other terms : hardware_platform-OS[-OS_version]

[ In fact, GNU packages and more specifically configure script are using
  linux-gnu-i686, i.e. OS-vendor-hardware. I think the vendor part is
  not necessary. ]

My .02 euros.
Yours,
d.